Thioctacid is one of the drugs, the main component of which is lipoic acid. This component is an indispensable substance for the human body and belongs to the group of drugs that have a beneficial effect on the normalization and regulation of metabolic processes, in particular fat and carbohydrate.
The drug Thioctacid is a vitamin N, which can also be supplied with food or produced by appropriate mechanisms in the human body. Other names for such a component are also known. These are primarily lipoic acid, thioctic acid, alpha lipoic acid. Regardless of the name, the basic properties of this component do not change.
Today, preparations based on vitamin N are actively used in the complex treatment of various diseases, as well as to prevent the development of pathologies. The medicine Thioctacid is taken by women who seek to lose weight and athletes who spend a lot of energy on training in gyms.
As a result of the fact that the production of lipoic acid by the body itself occurs in rather small quantities (which decrease significantly with age), there is a replenishment of the manifested vitamin deficiency with the help of various medical preparations and dietary supplements. One of these drugs are thioctocide tablets.
What properties does the drug have?
Thioctacid hr is a metabolic drug, the main active component of which is alpha-lipoic acid.
This substance is contained in the human body to maintain the function of the coenzyme in the reactions of oxidative phosphorylation of pyruvic acid and alpha-keto acids.
By its structural composition, thioctic acid is an endogenous antioxidant type, which, according to the biochemical mechanism, has similarity with the B vitamins.
The required level of thioctic acid in the human body provides for the binding of free radicals, which spread their toxic effect on the internal organs, helps regulate the level of glucose in the blood, and also increases the level of glycogen in the liver.
Constant medication for prophylaxis has the following effects on the human body:
- neutralizes the intake and negative effects of toxic components such as salts of heavy metals and poisons,
- has hepatoprotective and detoxification properties,
- It has a beneficial effect on the health of the liver, which allows the use of a medical preparation for various diseases of the organ,
- when taken together with ascorbic acid and vitamin E, free radicals are neutralized,
- helps to reduce the amount of lipids and the level of harmful cholesterol,
- increases the utilization of glucose in the blood,
- positive effect on the nervous system,
- carries protective functions against the negative effects of ultraviolet rays,
- takes an active part in the regulation of the thyroid gland,
- increases the amount of protein producedꓼ
- reduces the level of fatty acids
- has a pronounced choleretic effect,
- its structure is a natural antispasmodic,
- It has a beneficial effect on reducing the intensity of glycated protein,
- reduces the risk of oxygen starvation of the body cells.
In addition, women of different ages are often interested in this drug, since thioctic acid in the required amount has the following effects on the body:
- Accelerates metabolism and reduces appetite, which allows it to be used as a means to regulate weight.
- It improves skin condition (increasing its elasticity and reducing fine wrinkles), hair and nails.
- There is a natural cleansing of the body from toxins and toxins.
- It has a rejuvenating effect.
Based on thioctic acid, various cosmetic skin care products are often produced.
Thioctacid is a medicinal product, so its reception should be carried out as prescribed by the attending physician.
Indications for use of the drug
Instructions for use of Thioctocide indicates a different use of this medical device.
The appointment of the drug by the attending physician.
As a result of taking the drug, the rapid absorption of alpha-lipoic acid by the organs of the gastrointestinal tract occurs.
The main indications for the use of drugs are the following:
- in complex treatment in the development of various diseases of the liver and biliary tract (chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver fibrosis)
- atherosclerosis and other vascular pathologies, tablets can be an additional component in the treatment of diabetes, to eliminate the risks of developing complications of the cardiovascular system,
- with the development of various tumors, both benign and malignant,
- with the development of hypertension and high blood pressure,
- to eliminate various infectious and other intoxications of the body,
- with the development of diabetic or alcoholic neuropathy,
- if there are disturbances in the sensitivity of the lower limbs of various types,
- to stimulate the brain and maintain visual acuity,
- as a preventive measure to improve the functioning of the thyroid gland,
- in the event of neuropathy or polyneuropathy, especially that occur during chronic alcoholism,
- during a stroke or heart attack,
- with the development of Parkinson’s pathology,
- if diabetic retinopathy occurs or macular edema develops.
In addition, Thioctacid b is often used in bodybuilding as one of the elements of maintenance therapy. His technique is based on the formation of free radicals, which arise as a result of great physical exertion. This drug is used to eliminate this process. In addition, taking alpha lipoic acid allows athletes to achieve:
- Normal regulation of the correct ratio of lipids and proteins.
- Increase muscle growth.
- Provide the necessary energy and fast recovery after active workouts.
- Maintain glycogen in the required amount.
The additional use of alpha-lipoic acid increases the glucose influx into the cells and tissues of the internal organs.
Instructions for use of the drug
The international non-proprietary name Thioctacid (IHH) is thioctic acid, which is available in various forms - in the form of a tablet formulation, in capsules, in ampoules for intravenous injection and an IV.
Country - manufacturer of tablet means Thioctacid - Germany, pharmacological company GmbH MEDA Manufacturing. Its composition is based on the main active component and various excipients. It should be noted that in one tablet of the drug there is 600 mg of the active substance. At the same time, a similar dose of thioctic acid with the addition of purified water and Trometamol is included in Thioctacid solution in order to give injections intravenously.
The dosage of the drug is established by a medical professional, depending on the purpose of treatment and the disease. As a rule, the tableted drug is prescribed in the amount of one tablet, which must be taken in the morning (that is, once a day). Proper medication should occur on the eve of breakfast, in about thirty minutes. In the treatment of diabetic neuropathy, a dosage of 300 mg is used (half a tablet). The maximum daily dose should not exceed 600 mg of the active substance.
If the doctor prescribed intravenous injections with this drug, the dosage used is usually six hundred milligrams of the substance (one ampoule) once a day. The course of treatment can be from two to four weeks.
In addition, this drug can be used for the formulation of the dropper. The process should not exceed half an hour, and the introduction of the medication itself should be set to a small figure - no faster than two milliliters per minute. Indications for use of droppers should be installed by the attending physician.
Contraindications and side effects of medication?
Thioctacid is a vitamin N medication that is produced in small quantities by the human body.
However, non-compliance with medical recommendations or overdose can lead to various negative manifestations.
In addition, there are cases when the use of this drug is not recommended and prohibited.
First of all, the drug drug is not used to treat:
- children and teenagers
- during pregnancy or lactation,
- in the presence of individual intolerance to the drug, the main or auxiliary components,
- if a person is lactose intolerant or insufficient lactase,
- with the development of glucose galactose malabsorption.
Taking Thioctacid, you should refrain from the simultaneous intake of dairy and fermented milk products (the difference between doses should be at least two hours), medicines containing metals.
The main side effects that may occur when taking the drug are as follows:
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract and digestive system - nausea with vomiting, severe heartburn, diarrhea, pain in the abdomen.
- On the part of the nervous system organs, changes in taste sensations may occur.
- From the metabolic processes occurring in the body - lowering blood sugar levels below normal, dizziness, increased sweating, blurred vision in diabetes.
- The development of allergic reactions in the form of urticaria, skin rash, itching.
With a significant increase in the recommended doses, an overdose of the drug can develop, which manifests itself in the form of the following symptoms:
- lower extremity cramps
- bleeding disorders,
- development of lactic acidosis,
As a treatment, gastric lavage, enterosorbent medication and symptomatic therapy are performed.
What medications can replace the medicine?
Tableted preparation Thioctacid is a representative of alpha-lipoic acid (an analogue of thioctic acid), which is manufactured by a foreign manufacturer. The price of the drug in pill form is about 1,500 rubles, while the package contains 30 tablets in a dosage of 600 mg of the active substance. The cost of medication for intravenous injection varies from 1,500 to 1,600 rubles (five ampoules).
To date, the pharmacological market offers various analogues and synonyms of Thioctacid, which differ in the form of release, dosage, cost, and manufacturer.
Thiogamma is a drug, the main active component of which is thioctic acid. Produced by the German pharmaceutical company in pill form, in the form of solutions for injections and droppers. The amount of the active component in the composition is 600 mg. It has a greater number of contraindications compared with Thioctacid. The cost of tablets varies from 800 to 1000 rubles.
Tableted product Berlition can be presented on the market in two dosages - 300 or 600 mg of the active substance - lipoic acid. Available in the form of tablets, capsules or ampoules for intramuscular injections. It has a small number of contraindications and low risk of adverse reactions. Thirty tablets of this drug have a price in the region of 1000 rubles.
The benefits of diabetic thioctic acid are described in the video in this article.